HouseLet
HouseLet

+353 1 6272768

info@houselet.ie

Leixlip Area Guide

Guide to Leixlip

HouseLet have been renting and managing properties in Leixlip for over 20 years. Like Celbridge, Leixlip has become an attractive and more affordable alternative for young families working in Dublin. Leixlip is just outside The Pale and as of 2016 had a population of 15,504. It has a rich history, with its first settlement being an outpost of Early Scandinavian Dublin. The town was also home to Arthur Guinness’s first brewery in 1755 before he relocated to St. Jame’s Gate. Confey Castle and the Wonderful Barn are popular heritage sites.

According to MyHome’s recent stats just under 50% of households are couples with children. The population is relatively young when compared with the national average. There is quiet a diverse range of housing stock on offer however the majority of stock was built from the 1960’s onwards. 90% of the housing stock is housing and the other 10% is made up of apartments. There has been a lot of investment In Leixlip in recent years with plenty of new builds due to come online. Intel are also enhancing their presence in the area with their new €4bn manufacturing plant well and truly underway. The project will employ 6,000 construction workers at peak and a further 1,600 full time jobs on completion.

Commute options are plentiful in Leixlip, the 66 Dublin Bus route runs regularly and terminates at Merrion Square, Dublin 2. The train service also runs regularly and terminates at Connolly Station, Dublin 1. If you’re brave enough to drive, the M4 is only a short spin and you will spin into Dublin City Centre in 25 mins on a good day. Leixlip also has a great selection of schools with five primary schools and three secondary schools.

With regards food, there is something to suit all pallets from Thai, Japanese, Italian to good old-fashioned pub grub. The Salmon Leap is a popular haunt for the latter and live music. Alternatively, a pasta dish in Alvito’s followed by a glass of vino in New Oak Wine Bar is the perfect tonic to a long week’s work. If you are after a late drink, The Courtyard or The Town are a little more vibrant and would appeal the more adventurous. There is something for the coffee lovers too with Valentine’s and Sinead’s Independent Coffee Company dominating the bustling coffee scene.

For those of you eager to stay in shape Leixlip has a lot to offer. Leixlip Amenities Sports Centre has something for everyone. Whilst there is also Cross Fit and an array of sports and martial arts clubs locally. If it’s just a leisurely stroll or park jog you’re after, St. Catherine’s Park consists of 200 acres of woodland and grass land. The Liffey runs through the park making a very tranquil setting for an array of different activities. The park is popular with joggers, dog walkers, canoers and bird watchers.

If you are interested in finding out the value of your property in Leixlip speak with one of our agents today.

Close

Letting Fee Information

The asking rent does not include letting fees. Our standard administration fee (which covers general administration and preparation of paperwork) is £xxx (£xxx+VAT). A security deposit, usually equivalent to six weeks rent, is also payable.

Depending on your circumstances and the property you select, one or more of the following may also be charged to you upfront;

Fees may be charged on a per person or per property basis, please call us on 0035316272768