Tips for Searching and applying for a property;
At HouseLet, we consider a strong relationship between landlord, agent and tenant to be the bedrock of what we do. Several of our tenants have been with us for a very long time and we have developed strong relationships with our tenants down through the years.
We also understand that in a highly competitive market it is difficult to find the right accommodation so we have put together some tips to assist you in finding the right home for you:
- Use your own network, friends, family, agents to see if they know of any properties opening up
- Set up alerts on property websites.
- Have both hard and soft copies of your references ready
- Put together a detailed email outlining rental history, current situation, number of tenants etc. and do not be afraid to show some personality in your application
- Stick to your guns and your requirements and do not just take the first property you are offered. For instance, does it fit your requirements in terms of;
- Distance to schools and amenities
Even in a difficult market you need to ask yourself these questions or you may end up in the wrong accommodation. For more information on your rights and obligations visit our Resource Centre