Residential Letting Service
What does it entail and what do we do
- We go one step further than providing you with a market valuation. We will also provide you expert advice on how to maximise your income from your property. Our property experts can also advise you on how to improve your property and maximise your return
- Guide you on how to present your property
- We operate on a No Let No Fee basis
- Organise a BER
- Market your property online through appropriate channels and through relevant social media networks
- At HouseLet we don’t believe in group viewings as we are passionate about finding you the right tenant so we take more of a personable approach
- Negotiating the best rent and tenant mix to suit you
- Due diligence
- Manage Move in
- Set up your tenancy and register it with the RTB
- Hand it back over to you to manage
What do we actually do:
- After we have secured you the right tenants we will allocate one of our Property Managers to manage your property for the duration of the tenancy.
- We will compile a full photographic inventory
- Ensuring your property is compliant with the ever changing regulations
- Manage rent collection.
- Regular inspections throughout the tenancy to ensure that the lease agreement is being adhered to
- Managing of proactive and reactive property maintenance
- Full move out inspection
- If and when necessary we will re-let it for you for FREE however we tend to have a lot of long term tenancies so security of tenure is our aim
- We keep you informed every step of the way
Preparing to Let Guide
We understand that letting your property can be a daunting task. Finding the right tenants is not an easy feat which is why you need the right people by your side.
At HouseLet not only do we know property, we understand people. We take a personable approach to property and we treat each property as unique. We take our goals of maximising the return on your property and finding you the right tenant very seriously.
In order to make this process as seamless as possible we have compiled some tips for successful letting
Condition of your property
First impressions are everything when you are renting your property and we cannot stress how important it is. Freshly decorated properties with well manicured gardens, modern kitchens, clean carpets and free storage space rent quicker and for higher prices.
The Personal Touch
People are too quick to strip the property of all personal artefacts when letting their property. Properties with a nice scent, fresh bed linen, pictures and candles are more welcoming and easier on the eye.
Before being placed on the market all properties must have an Building Energy Assessment Rating (BER). Speak to one of our team and we can organise this on your behalf.
Appliances & Manuals
All appliances and machinery including your boiler must be in good working order with service history. Providing operating and instruction manuals can avoid any unnecessary phone calls.
Health & Fire Safety
In order to comply with regulations your property must be fitted with carbon monoxide monitors, smoke alarms and a fire blanket. Window restrictors must be fitted for windows above 5meters.
All landlords are required to ensure that the property is insured and you must inform your insurance company that your property is going to be let.
Long Term or Short Term Let
This will dictate what kind of tenant you are after and also what kind you must leave in the property so it is worth establishing this before you let your property.
Furnished or unfurnished?
Both properties appeal to different audiences however as furnished properties are the norm in the Irish market we would advertise an unfurnished property earlier. If you are unsure of what to leave in your property, speak to one of our property experts.
Maybe you are just out of a long term let or you feel the property needs a freshen up. One of our property experts can advise you on what is needed to maximise the return on your property and if required, can manage the entire project for you.
We would always strongly advise that you identify a party to look after the property throughout the duration of the tenancy. A good tenancy can turn into a bad one if not managed appropriately. If you require ongoing support we can provide a fully comprehensive property management service. Please don’t hesitate to contact us